Coogee Chemicals Managing Director
Coogee is a diversified chemical manufacturing company which includes related bulk chemical and fuels storage and handling, as well as terminal infrastructure management. We have built our reputation on the ability to identify and pursue unique market opportunities where we can add value through the experience, capability, and technical expertise of our people.
Our core business of chemical manufacture is principally around industrial feedstock products such as chlorine, caustic soda, cyanide, methanol, and related products.
The Coogee business includes:
- Chemical manufacture at Kwinana and Kemerton in Western Australia, Laverton in Victoria, Brisbane and Mt Isa in Queensland, and in Malaysia. This includes the operation of 4 Major Hazard Facilities (MHFs).
- Chemical reagent plants servicing large mines at Mount Isa and Century in Queensland.
- Shore-side tank terminal facilities across Australia. Our largest operation in Western Australia handles the import, export and storage of chemicals as well as petroleum products for local distribution – including road tanker and rail capacity to deliver petrol and diesel to retail outlets, mine sites, and farming communities.
- Dangerous Goods transport fleet operations in Western Australia and Queensland and Dangerous Goods Isotainer storage facilities at Kwinana and Mt Isa.
- A sodium cyanide plant at Kwinana, Western Australia, for manufacture and distribution within Australia and for export overseas - operated as a Joint Venture with Wesfarmers/CSBP.
- R&D divisions that include Coogee Titanium (a pilot-scale titanium metal powder production facility – TiRO process - in partnership with CSIRO), and our GEM (Gasoline, Ethanol, Methanol) blended fuel project being developed as a ‘drop in’ premium fuel for motor vehicles.
Coogee is focused on partnering with companies that in addition
to having the right capabilities and complementary skill-sets, have
an established culture of transparency and openness. We believe
this approach drives mutual benefit in growth and further longer
term opportunity. We continue to build business with partners
and/or customers including BHP Billiton, CSIRO, Cristal, Caltex
(Chevron), Huntsman, Methanex, Mobil, Shell, Sumitomo, Tronox, and
The commitment of our people, our alliances with existing and new partners, and our focus on quality, safety of operations, and service excellence remains critical to our future success.